2013 COMMUNITY GARDEN APPLICATION FORM
Thank you for your interest in the Get Healthy, Live Well Community Garden program. Community gardening has been evidenced to improve people’s quality of life by producing nutritious foods, beautifying neighborhoods, stimulating social interaction and community engagement, and creating opportunities for recreation, exercise, therapy and education among other benefits. The garden presents you with an opportunity to engage with fellow neighbors in the multiple benefits of gardening while beautifying and producing nutritionally-rich foods in Carroll County.
The community gardens are under the jurisdiction and management of the Get Healthy, Live Well community garden task force, which is a partner with various government and private organizations, abides by Georgia state laws, Carroll County ordinances and the Cities of Carrollton and Villa Rica rules and regulations applicable to the garden site.
Individual or groups interested in applying for a gardening plot need to:
- Complete the appropriate Application Form.
- Pay the one-time membership fee-$30 for an individual and $50 for an organization. The membership fees will be used for supplies and scholarships.
- Submit the Application Form and the one-time membership fee to 103 Professional Place, Carrollton, GA 30117. Check or money order only, payable to Keep Carroll Beautiful. No cash or credit cards.
- Once your application form is approved and you are notified, you will have three days to complete and submit the Membership Agreement and the non-refundable annual garden adoption fee of $35. Gardeners may request assistance with the membership fee and annual adoption fee by completing the Scholarship Request Form. Scholarships will be awarded in part or in full as funds are available.
- Gardeners are strongly encouraged to attend community work days as scheduled.
Gardening plots will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis with a select number of plots reserved specifically for Carroll County residents requesting a scholarship.
- Knox Park Community Garden_Scholarship Request Form_4-11-13
- Stockmar Park Community Garden_Scholarship Request Form_9-6-13
Gardeners may request more than one plot, however only one plot per person will be assigned until all initial requests have been filled. If requests exceed the number of plots available, a waiting list will be formed. If there is no waiting list and plots remain available (or become available during the growing season) requests for additional plots will be honored.
Gardeners and friends of the garden may support the garden or provide a scholarship for a plot by making a tax-deductible donation to Keep Carroll Beautiful with your selected community garden site in the memo line.
If you have any questions, please contact the Get Healthy, Live Well Community Garden Task Force co-chairs-Jacqueline Dost or Jillian Walker-at 678.871.5899.