Please join the Get Healthy, Live Well initiative and stakeholders from west Georgia with an interest in food and nutrition to discuss food and food systems at the first quarterly meeting of the West Georgia Regional Food System Collaborative. Residents from Carroll, Haralson and Heard counties will work to identify opportunities to improve our food system, food policies and nutrition education in the region.
Monday, August 19, 2013
5:30 to 7 p.m.
Tanner Medical Center/Carrollton
Health Education and Wellness Learning Center, Classroom 2
705 Dixie St., Carrollton, GA 30117
- Examine local strategies identified at regional Food Policy and Food Systems meeting in 2012
- Overview of Get Healthy, Live Well initiative
- Reports from Get Healthy, Live Well Task Forces related to food and nutrition
- Farmer initiatives
- Convenience stores/grocery stores
- Community Gardens
- Nutrition Education/Cooking Matters
- Community-wide food assessment
- Update of Georgia Food Policy Council
Parking is available in the Dixie St. parking deck. Light refreshments will be served.
Feel free to pass this invitation along to anyone you know who may be interested in attending.
RSVP to Gina Brandenburg, program manager for Get Healthy, Live Well at 770.836.9282 or email@example.com.